Student Transfer Policy
Student Transfer Policy and Capacity
Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Oak Grove Public School. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district whenever it is possible.
Oak Grove Public School makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below; however, we are providing the following information for your convenience:
- Parents can get a transfer form at the school office or by clicking on the link below. You will need to return the application and any other required forms (link in our student enrollment section) to the school office when completed.
- Decisions about transfers for the next school year will be made by July 15. We will contact parents directly about the approval status of their child’s transfer.
- Mid-year transfer requests will be considered within 3 business days pending receipt of records from the sending district.
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who attended the district on a transfer during the 2021-22 school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found through the link below.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and discipline issues.
- Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.
- If the grade a student requests is over capacity, he/she will be offered the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed by the parent or legal guardian by submitting an appeal in writing to the Board of Education within 10 days of the denial of transfer.
If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact Jamie Cargill, at 918-352-2889.
Click the links below:
Student Capacity by Grade
|Oak Grove Elementary|
|Oak Grove Middle School|